The SEM website offers a wide range of information pertaining to our organization, its members, and the field of ethnomusicology.
Sign In to the Website
If you are an SEM member, sign in (with your username and password) to access the members’ area of the website. If you would like to join SEM, select “Membership.” To renew a membership, sign in first to retrieve your current membership information.
Explore the Website without Signing In
Most areas of the website can be accessed without SEM membership. Good places to start are:
- About Us – information about SEM and the field of ethnomusicology.
- Ethnomusicology Communications (website homepage) – a selection of online publications and communication forums of SEM and other organizations.
- Guide to Programs in Ethnomusicology – information on schools and other organizations throughout the world.
- Conferences – information on upcoming and past SEM Annual Meetings. See Video-Streams for a selection of panels from past meetings.
- Resources – more information about ethnomusicology, including an extensive collection of links to other organizations and publications.
Search the Member Directory
Use the Member Directory to search for ethnomusicologists by name, place of residence, or research interests.
- Sign in to the website with your username and password.
- Click on “directory search” (bottom of menu) and enter search terms.
- Click on names to view records.
Review/Edit Your Profile in the Member Directory
- Sign in to the website and select “Profile Home” on the right side of the page.
- Select “Bio” in the center of the following page.
- Select “Manage Profile” on the right side of the page and “Edit Bio” in the center of the following page.
Website Update Form
Fill out this form to submit other updates and corrections for the SEM website. Thank you!