The Latin American and Caribbean Music Section is a forum for individuals interested in the areas of Latin America, the circum-Caribbean, the U.S.-Mexico Borderlands, and with immigrant communities in various parts of the world. Established in 2007, LACSEM is open to all SEM members and seeks to foster a dialogue not only with colleagues with other members but also with those colleagues currently residing outside of North America.
LACSEM Group Page
Associate Professor in Ethnomusicology
University of North Carolina
Department of Music
Kenan Music Building, Room 1212
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3320
Phone: (919) 962-1039
Juan Eduardo Wolf, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Ethnomusicology
Coordinator, UO World Music Series
School of Music and Dance
University of Oregon
126 Frohnmayer Music Building
Eugene, OR 97403
Associate Professor of Ethnomusicology
The University of Kansas
School of Music
438 Murphy Hall
1530 Naismith Drive
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-3103
Ph. D. Candidate in Musicology
Lecturer, Latin American Music Center
Facebook Page Administrator
720-35 Ormskirk Avenue
Toronto, ON M6S 1A8
Phone: (416) 691-3562
LACSEM-Sponsored Panel Coordinator
The LACSEM Student Paper Prize (Latin American and Caribbean Music Section)
LACSEM Facebook Page
To be added to the LACSEM Facebook group, please search for the group’s Facebook name—LACSEM (Latin American and Caribbean Society for Ethnomusicology)—and request to be added as a member.
The Latin American and Caribbean Music Section has the following objectives:
- to discuss issues related to the study of popular, traditional and art musics in the region;
- to coordinate paper sessions, conferences, concerts and other special projects;
- to strengthen professional ties between scholars, performers and professional organizations dedicated to Latin America and the Caribbean musics;
- to bring together students, junior and senior scholars conducting research within this field;
- to ensure a continuing presence for Latin American and Caribbean musicology in the Society for Ethnomusicology.
To be included on the listserv, contact Daniel Party by e-mail (email@example.com). Please note that the e-mail address from which you contact us will be the address to which listserv updates will be sent.